Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Improvements for next year

With only 30 days left, I have been collaborating with the teachers in the English department with what we can do different next school year.  This school year was a trial and error year for us since a new English teacher was hired and subjects were switched around between the other teachers.  Throughout the years I have kept post-it notes with things I want to do for the next school year.  It seems that they get lost in the shuffle at times and then I forget what I had written down.  This year I kept all of my tips in one place that way next year they will not be forgotten.  There are more changes occurring next school year, and we need to be sure we do all that we want to have a successful year.  I know experience and time makes things easier, and I have seen that effect happen.  I look back at my first year of teaching and wonder to myself, "What was I thinking?"  In four years I have learned so much and have become much more confident.  I cannot wait to look back in five more years and see what has changed.  That is something I really enjoy about teaching; there is always change and new experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Great reflective post. I think we all look back at our first year and wonder "What was I thinking?" But we learn and grow and become better. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete